Application and Demonstration
Using two demonstrators, we develop industry-related circular product designs. The development is based on the previous circular assessment of existing products. In addition to high economic efficiency and a long service life, the demonstrators should above all be easy to repair and recycle and their materials should be degradable in the environment if required.
We combine the newly developed concepts, materials, and systems from the divisions “Materials” and “Systems” into two demonstrators. We have selected demonstrators with great innovation potential that address a specific market and can easily be transferred to other products.
Demonstrator 1: Reusable transport containers for online retail
Demonstrator 2: Child safety seat, representative of other seat systems
Our offer to you:
- Together with the industry, we develop the necessary process technologies and possible applications for the specific product.
- We develop new processing technologies as well as new circular design concepts for recyclable products. The focus is on durability, reparability, and adaptability.
Business and Transformation
The transition to a successful circular plastics economy is successful if innovative marketing strategies and new business models are integrated into the entire value creation network.
Our offer to you:
- We offer a knowledge base for a successful recycling strategy (information on different recyclable material streams, on the targeted reuse of recycling streams, on the most ecologically and economically sensible method of recycling).
- We are planning a Fraunhofer quality label and our own Circular Economy Assessment under the CIRCONOMY® brand as new design instruments for change.
- We offer a toolbox which is used to investigate the degree of circularity of materials and products at an early stage. The results are then employed to determine the direction and path of promising material, system, and product innovations. They form the starting point for a new innovation cycle.